An Update on my Balayage/Dip Dyed Hair and my Hair Regime

Monday, August 20, 2012
Balayage Dip Dyed Hair Bangs Fringe Brown Blonde
Balayage Dip Dyed Hair Bangs Fringe Brown Blonde
Balayage Dip Dyed Hair Bangs Fringe Brown Blonde
Balayage Dip Dyed Hair Bangs Fringe Brown Blonde
Balayage Dip Dyed Hair Bangs Fringe Brown Blonde

My Balayage Hair Regime - Shampoos, Conditioners, Hair Treatments and Styling Serums: 1. De Lorenzo Novafusion 'Rosewood' (colour-depositing) shampoo; 2. Goldwell Dual Senses Color Shampoo; 3. Goldwell Dual Senses Colour Conditioner; 4. Goldwell Stylesign Hot Form (Straight); 5. Goldwell Colorglow IQ Full Blonde Leave In Treatment; 6. KMS Silk Sheen Polishing Serum; 7. KMS California Hair Play Makeover Spray; 8. Shiseido L HPT Oil Treatment

I've been wearing my hair in a balayage/dipdyed style for around 9 months now and I think it is becoming my signature. Although it seems like I use too many products for my hair, my balayage style is actually less maintenance than my once full head of blonde hair.
Being Asian, I'm prone to thick hair (and lots of it) and when we fry the ends to make them super blonde like mine, I suffer from dry hair and split ends.

To maintain, tone my blonde ends and to keep them smooth I follow this regime:

Shampoo and Conditioning (Items 1,2,3):
I need to make sure my blonde ends stay toned and don't end up a horrible brassy color, so I shampoo with a mix of De Lorenzo Novafusion 'Rosewood' shampoo (1) and Goldwell Dual Sense Color Shampoo (20c piece size x 20c piece size). The De Lorenzo Rosewood deposits purples into my hair to keep my blonde toned. Then I condition with Goldwell Dual Sense Color Conditioner.

Styling and Treatment after Shampoo and Conditioning (Items 4,5,6):
While my hair is drying, I add Goldwell Stylesign Hot Form (Straight) (4) to my hair. This prepares my hair for the hair dryer and my straightening iron and it has a lovely fragrance. After I dry and straighten my hair, I add Goldwell Colorglow IQ Leave in Conditioner (5) to my ends. This is optional but I like to use it keep my ends smooth.
Then I apply KMS Polishing Serum (7) to smooth out my fly away hairs, this is also optional, my hair is not very tamed.

In Between Washes (Optional, Items 7,8):
I shampoo my hair every 3 days because my hair is very dry so it doesn't produce alot of oil over time; and I don't want to stress my hair by over washing. There are times though when my bangs/fringe will become oily so because its my focal point, I spray KMS Spray Makeover (hair shampoo) (7) in between washes to keep it refreshed.
When my hair becomes unruly and tangles, I sometimes use Shiseido L HPT  (8) on my ends. I swear its a Miracle Worker, it really really does make my hair smooth and bearable to brush out my knots. I wouldn't be able to live without it. It's my secret weapon. And it's also optional.

Well there you are, that is my hair regime. Many of my lovely readers ask me how I maintain my hair. The photos above are just a collection of my hair over time. You can see the rosewood tones in my blonde ends from the De Lorenzo Rosewood shampoo and how the KMS serum keeps my hair smooth and polished all the time. Note, Photos 1,3, 7 & 8 are the result of getting my hair redone professionally at the hairdressers. You can see a beautiful tone and difference in the balayage gradient. 



28 comments :

  1. im resisting the temptation of having a boycut so i can have ombre hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Che belle foto che ci hai mostrato.
    Kiss :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing picture.!!:) I really love your hair because it's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great style and hair dear, I love it!

    Sincerely,
    BERTHA NATASHA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are thinking of your hair as your signature - it looks so incredible on you.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photos! You're lucky, I have to wash my hair every day :P


    HEYLJ
    HTTP://WWW.HEYLJ.COM/

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are soooo pretty!!!! and I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great hair!!
    love the style where ther are lots of colours
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome post..i love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos! I wish I read this post earlier.. my dip dyed hair got so damaged I had to cut it off :'(

    xx

    maribleu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful pictures of you! You've got that hypnotizing look!

    Daria from www.cinnamon-star.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you for visiting my blog,
    you really have agreat style.
    I love your hair, it's very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loooove your hair, I want mine like this as well...but my hair is too short ): Would look as if I didn't dye it for months, haha :D

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG I love your hair! Absolutely gorgoeus!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hair looks fantastic! I love the picture with color in it - it looks so great when it's curled.

    Caitie at FASHIONOTES.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I ADORE your hair!!!
    xo
    Stacy

    http://tastyrumors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. What perfect timing. I've been looking to try new hair product as my hair gets dry.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great hairstyles! Thank you so much for visiting my blog, I follow you if you want you're welcome on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so beautiful and stylish! x

    the109block.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. you looks amazing! thanks for the comment ;)
    http://blogcashmeremafia.blogspot.com
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE the balayage! I wish I could pull that off - we seem to have pretty similar hair, but I think blonde would wash me out. Lusting after your faux fur vest & gold sequinned top, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Me ha encantado tu estilo, tienes un blog maravilloso. Un beso.
    Http://blog.sinetiquetar.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much for these pics, they showed me that ombre also works with straight hair :D
    THANK YOU!
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your hair looks so beautiful! I love the ombre hair but I'm too scared to dye it myself ha! I got these instead - I&K dip dye hair extensions They’re available at Hairtrade.com and there's some gorgeous colours. I got the dark to blonde one and they look fab! Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for your comments, I appreciate the support!
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram
x Natalie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...